Premier Pediatrics is a Level 2 Accredited Patient Centered Medical Home. Here is some information about what a Medical Home is and what it means for you!
This link will explain what a PCMH is and what benefits it offers you and your family
Want to watch a short video about a PCMH? Click the link below!
Goal of PCMH
At Premier Pediatrics we strive to provide the highest level of care for your family. We strive to improve outcomes for your child, as well as reduce the overall cost you incur for your healthcare. Focusing on each patient with the utmost importance is pivotal to the success we all experience in this way of providing care. Each patient is followed with the “whole person” orientation in mind to be sure we effectively provide care across every setting the patient ends up in. Constant communication between our office and any other office will improve the continuity of care that you deserve. We want the highest quality and safest environment for the patient. That is why our staff takes the extra time to make your experience the best it can be and all your needs are addressed.
What Premier Pediatrics Will Do For You
- We are available to answer any questions and ensure your needs are met in a timely manner
- We will provide you with a summary of each visit and the plan discussed at that visit
- We will monitor any ongoing problems and ensure proper follow up appointments are made and kept
- We will focus on the “whole person” orientation and keep you healthy
- We will provide you with outside resources to maintain your health as well as care for ongoing problems
- We will make sure your protected information is kept private
- We follow evidence based guidelines to ensure you are being given care that can be tracked and measured against proven standards!
- We will provide the highest level of care we can for your child!
What we ask from you to make the medical home a success:
- Call your doctor first with all problems, unless it is a medical emergency (we offer all day walk in appointments and same-day sick appointments)
- Tell the doctor about any changes in your child’s health and well-being, including problems, medications, medical history, or visits to other healthcare facilities
- Make healthy decisions about your child’s daily habits and lifestyles
- Prepare for and keep scheduled visits
- Give us feedback so that we can improve our services
- Ask other doctors involved in your child’s care to send us a report about your child’s health
- Consider us the medical home for your child.
We are Here to Help
- Need an appointment? Not needed! Come to our walk-in clinic and we can see you any day Monday-Friday from 8am to 4:30pm, as well as Saturdays from 8am – 11am and be seen by a provider
- Want an appointment? Call our office and schedule with a patient care coordinator, or speak with a nurse to fit you in with your provider on the same day (provided as the schedules allow)
- Office closed? Call the Children’s Mercy Triage line and speak with a nurse to help with any concerns you have about your child. If that isn’t enough, our doctors are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always available to care for your child.
- You have 24-hour access to part of your child’s medical records through the secure patient portal!
**Remember to schedule a yearly well visit to make sure your child is growing and healthy!